I have been on the hunt for property in Aquiles Serdan (the neighborhood that is home to Boys Town) since I got back to Mexico. The original property I was looking at was sold to a car painting shop apparently. I'm not overly disappointed, as I sense the Lord at work on this whole project. I did find another piece of property much thanks to a little guy on the street named Alfredo. (He is now affectionately known as CrazyFreddyTheCarwashGuy in my journal. His not-so-toothy-grin is forever etched in my memory.) I made an offer on this piece of land about two blocks from BT. I'm just waiting to hear back from the owner, hopefully today, on whether or not she'll accept.
One thing I really love about this property: it’s just down the street from a part of the wall of BT that has a crack in it. The “crack” is more like a hole, and I’ve seen a few people coming and going through it…significant. It’s like we’ve found a crack in the wall, a weakness in the very thing that imprisons the people of BT, and it just seems significant to me. It’s also located right along the dividing line of Aquiles Serdan and Carmen Serdan, colonias (neighborhoods) named for the brother/sister duo that fought for the rights of the poor and oppressed during the Revolution against Profiero Diaz way back when. Even to the point of Carmen taking a male pseudonym to publish literature and be a voice for the oppressed, and Aquiles posing as a grieving widow in order to travel safely between the command posts during the days leading up to The Revolution. The whole area is named after Revolutionaries, people not afraid to even give their lives for the sake of the poor and oppressed, the forgotten ones. I love it. Though now it is known as the place no one leaves, soon the Lord will give this neighborhood a new name by His own mouth (Is 62), and it will be known as the place from which new creations are sent out, to share the redemptive love and resurrection life of Jesus Christ with the many other broken, hurting, forgotten, poor and oppressed people of the world.
Say a prayer today that God will make a way for our modern-day monastery to be built. Updates to follow...
One thing I really love about this property: it’s just down the street from a part of the wall of BT that has a crack in it. The “crack” is more like a hole, and I’ve seen a few people coming and going through it…significant. It’s like we’ve found a crack in the wall, a weakness in the very thing that imprisons the people of BT, and it just seems significant to me. It’s also located right along the dividing line of Aquiles Serdan and Carmen Serdan, colonias (neighborhoods) named for the brother/sister duo that fought for the rights of the poor and oppressed during the Revolution against Profiero Diaz way back when. Even to the point of Carmen taking a male pseudonym to publish literature and be a voice for the oppressed, and Aquiles posing as a grieving widow in order to travel safely between the command posts during the days leading up to The Revolution. The whole area is named after Revolutionaries, people not afraid to even give their lives for the sake of the poor and oppressed, the forgotten ones. I love it. Though now it is known as the place no one leaves, soon the Lord will give this neighborhood a new name by His own mouth (Is 62), and it will be known as the place from which new creations are sent out, to share the redemptive love and resurrection life of Jesus Christ with the many other broken, hurting, forgotten, poor and oppressed people of the world.
Say a prayer today that God will make a way for our modern-day monastery to be built. Updates to follow...

Oh, I'm prayin'. You know it. Love the info on who the areas are named after. I'm also prayin' that Kel-bonne goes crazy so that we can all help you finance this project! So exciting.
Can't wait to hear the news that you've gotten the property you want.
Your blog is very inspiring, sobering and wonderful. Thanks for sharing.
Your English isn't bad either. :)