There is a girl named Crystal who lives in Boys Town. She just turned 21 a few weeks ago, and I can't get her out of my head. I first met her in March when a team of college students from Tulsa visited, and we cleaned some bathrooms and rooms in BT. Lots of the girls and guys were glad we came to clean; Crystal was not one of them. She is fluent in English and Spanish, and can clearly tell me where to go and what to do in both languages. She has always made a point of letting me know how she feels for me. For some reason this makes me love Crystal all the more. I hadn't seen Crystal in a few months when she came around the corner a few weeks ago. For the first time ever, she simply said hi to me! I tried to play it cool, but I'm sure I had a big grin on my face. "Long time, no see, Crystal." She didn't say much, but she did say it was good to see me. We talked again a few days later when I learned that she grew up in Michoacan, but doesn't have family anymore. I don't know what specifically brought her to BT, but she doesn't seem to have anywhere else to go. A couple of things were clear: she didn't have warm clothes, and she wasn't going to be receiving any Christmas presents. I brought her a gift a few days later to remedy the warm clothing issue. I found her sound asleep in her room and put her gift under her head so no one would steal it. Her friend, Bon-bon, told me that Crystal is pregnant and very sick. I went to BT yesterday and Crystal came to find me and told me thank you for the present! You have no idea how shocking this was to me, though again I tried to play it cool. We talked for a while about the baby and her medical needs. I finally found the courage to ask her if she ever thought about leaving BT. I knew I was risking our newfound friendship with this question, but I had to chance it. I told her when she was ready, we should talk. I could find someone to teach her how to cut hair and do make-up. (She really liked that idea!) Maybe one day she can open a salon here where she shares life with the girls of BT and helps them find courage to get out, just like she did.
On the wall of our little prayer room here in Reynosa is written the name "Crystal" with lots of verses around it. Back in April the crew from the Kansas City Boiler Room also met Crystal and prayed for her. Amazing how God hears our sleepy prayers at 3 in the morning, reads our markings on the walls, and takes it all as sweet incense. How beautiful to see a work that only Jesus could do, to see Him answering prayers before our very eyes. Please pray for Crystal - that the Spirit of the Living God would continue to soften her heart and build a friendship between us, and that she would find the courage to say "yes" to Jesus in her heart.
"The Lord will hold Crystal in His hand for all to see- a splendid crown in the hand of God. Never again will she be called 'The Forsaken City,' or 'The Desolate Land.' Her new name will be 'The City of God's Delight,' and 'The Bride of God,' for the Lord delights in Crystal and will claim her as His bride." Isaiah 62:3-4

i remember her! she's the one who shouted at us when we were gonna play in that bar right? this is so encouraging kelly,will definitely pray for her and the baby. love you lots, becky. x
love you, KG.
Cool how God will bring people around to us when we are patient. I hope you had a great Christmas!