Burning Furnace of Charity


Ground-Breaking News...


Okay, this isn't a photo of me and the girls from Boys Town at the ground-breaking ceremony, but that's because we don't start until tomorrow. Did you catch that? We break ground TOMORROW!!!

Oops! Did I forget to mention here that we FINALLY got the land? It was a long process, but it is all official now!

Tomorrow morning, a wonderful group from my home church, Believers Church, will begin pouring cement for the foundation.

But let me back up about 4 weeks...while I was in Spain with 24-7 Prayer, some amazing friends here began clearing the land and doing the hard work of digging footings so the team could pour foundation this week. Some of the people who helped were boys from the neighborhood! Some were people who had recently been deported from the United States who are trying to earn money to go back to their homes. They gave freely of their time and services, believing that God would take care of them if they chose to trust Him. (Miraculously, chicken and ice cream showed up at their shelter that night, for "the people who helped clear Kelly's land," and we still don't know who it was from!)

I'll post updates this week on the process...thanks for your prayers!

11 Responses to “Ground-Breaking News...”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    woo hoo from liverpool xx  

  2. # Blogger Baba

    Hi, this is Barbara from Portugal, friends with Byron and LIsa Borden...we crossed one time in Seville at the 24-7 meeting...
    I just wanna say again how encouraging your life is...and that I'm happy with the news about the land...
    Oh , and cool picture by the way :-)
    Be blessed...you're a blessing!!!
    PEACE
    Barbara  

  3. # Blogger chris jones

    Awesome Kelly! So cool. We're praying! Keep us posted on the building process!
    Chris  

  4. # Blogger Unknown

    It is awesome to see the faithfulness of God at work and a woman of God who is willing to "step in" it encourages me to step into all God has for the city of Greensboro, nc.

    thanks for stepping in,

    Jonathan Dudley  

  5. # Blogger Site Administrator

    Praise God! I look forward to hearing more and seeing the pictures of your building.
    Blessings!
    Robyn  

  6. # Blogger fast freddi felson

    yeih!
    build a home.
    feel at home.
    be a home,
    home-coming queen.
    besos, freddi (homie)  

  7. # Anonymous Anonymous

    nice one Trouble!!!...is so cool its working out with such connection with local people, love it!

    :o)  

  8. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Good to hear the 'Bower' flat is now under construction!! Tee Hee!! Loving and missing you. Misty xx  

  9. # Blogger prcjewel

    Kelly,
    We are so excited for you... I so badly want to come back and help with the land, or even just hang with those beautiful ladies & community. =oD How is the garden holding up?

    God bless u
    Anna (WI crew)  

  10. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Kelly,

    I am SO excited for you! I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures. This makes me wish even more that I was coming this Christmas so I could see you and the changes in your land. Alas, its not to be so this time around. My thoughts and prayers are with you and this project!

    Blessings,

    Brooks  

  11. # Anonymous Anonymous

    juanitos here ... check your email....

    see you soon  

Post a Comment



© 2006 Burning Furnace of Charity |