Burning Furnace of Charity



"The Lord gives the word and a host of women brings the good news. Enemy kings and their armies flee..." Psalm 68:11-12a NLT

After our token male, Scot, left us mid-way through the trip (just kidding - we love you Scot!), we pushed through some tough times of prayer. Some of these girls were practically delirious from praying through the night and on into the afternoons. I felt so honored to host such an amazing group of women from around the world. They prayed tirelessly, loved fervently, and it was again a beautiful picture of the Kingdom of Heaven come to my little corner of Mexican earth.

There are so many incredible stories to tell - like the one about Karla who came to our day spa in Boys Town to get a haircut, manicure, pedicure, and A LOT of love from us. (She was our only customer for a few hours!) She suddenly realized it was her birthday, and we sang to her. I watched her eyes brim with tears; I'm not sure the last time Karla felt celebrated. Or the story about Angeles who is such a beautiful and talented woman, though enslaved by her drug addiction. After receiving her pedicure, she insisted on giving one as well. (She's trained in cosmetology.) Angeles, along with Karla and Blanca who suddenly appeared, asked us all to gather around them and pray. So we gathered around these precious women and all prayed at once whatever was in our hearts, just outside of a major crack bar. As we said our collective "amen," Angeles turned and excitedly asked, "who touched me? who was touching me?" A shy Emma West owned up to having her hand on Angeles' back. Angeles said, "It was like fire! Then someone touched my head. Who touched my head?" None of us there had touched her head, so we all concluded it must have been Jesus. "It was Jesus, Angeles," I told her. "He loves you!" She blew a kiss toward the sky, waved hello, and yelled, "I love you, too!" Beautiful.

Here are a few more photos from our time...





4 Responses to “”

  1. # Blogger Woolzoo

    Hi Kelly,

    I saw Jo at Believer's on Sunday. She is a gem! I was visiting family in Tulsa and was so glad to have a connection with what you're doing in BT. I will pray for you more, my friend. I've had a lot of junk going on in my personal life, and I think I need to pull out of myself and pray for others. So, lucky you! You're on the list. :)

    You help keep me going.  

  2. # Blogger Sohailah

    Thank you for the update - I love you and am always challenged and thrilled with what you're doing. To think, we're friends! You are a champ and I know it sounds pathetic to tell you I'm so proud of you, but I am. I remember when I first met you - you were getting coffee for Tim Lavender, and I kept wondering who I had made so happy that I got YOU as my intern.

    love YOU!  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    This scripture popped into my head immediately as I read your post

    Matthew 5:11-13 (New Living Translation)
    “God blesses you when people mock you and persecute you and lie about you and say all sorts of evil things against you because you are my followers. Be happy about it! Be very glad! For a great reward awaits you in heaven. And remember, the ancient prophets were persecuted in the same way."

    Not easy I know  

  4. # Blogger Unknown

    ¡Hola de Australia!
    just read through some of your blog, love the work you are doing and your courage in doing it!! have heard about you before from 24-7, I love this kind of ministry that is so founded in love and am keeping you in my prayers.
    ¡Hasta pronto!  

Post a Comment



© 2006 Burning Furnace of Charity |