Burning Furnace of Charity


Block Parties are Back!


We are back at the land, armed with cookies, juice, jump ropes, soccer balls, and LOTS of gringos! The kids are having a great time, especially since there are more guys to play soccer with this time. It took most of my neighbors about an hour to realize this was a whole new group of people from the last round of Gringo Block Parties. We had a good laugh as we realized that most white people look alike, according to my neighbors anyways. :)



Nearly every street corner in that neighborhood is full of memories for me - mostly memories of walking alone, praying that God would do something extraordinary. Or at least just do something. Tonight, and this whole summer, has been a fulfillment in many ways of some of those prayers. Nearly three years ago I arrived, never imagining that I'd be spending my nights in this little corner of the world. God is doing something extraordinary, alright. I remember looking at many of those houses as I prayer walked alone, wondering if I'd ever know the people who lived inside. Tonight, I chatted with moms, played with children, and received invitations into those very homes. Some of the kids we played with tonight are actually products of Boys Town. Their stories are deeper than we know. I sense the invitation from the Lord to dream with Him over their lives, speaking destiny over them as we play silly games and jump rope.

The Kingdom of Heaven belongs to these little ones...






Thanks for your prayers! We are also praying through each night as we're here (10pm-10am). Keep praying for us, and we'll keep going!

6 Responses to “Block Parties are Back!”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    GUAPOS!!!!!!!!!I see the guapos!!!!  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Block Parties' are the best!
    Yeah...come on Alex...give us a smile!!!  

  3. # Blogger Gayla

    were those the GUAPOS i saw in that last photo??? :-) :-) :-) How fun for you and for them and mostly for your neighbors! Excellent.

    Love you!  

  4. # Blogger Woolzoo

    Hi Kelly,

    I know you're busy, but I haven't heard from you from my last email. What city do I fly into to come and see you and pray with you?  

  5. # Blogger Sohailah

    I love you. Can I come down there and pray with you and spend some time?  

  6. # Anonymous Anonymous

    yo from the world of east side block parties....we should form a east side something or other..

    hmmm planning on my day off  

Post a Comment



© 2006 Burning Furnace of Charity |