Burning Furnace of Charity


Home, Sweet Home (some assembly required)



I am beyond happy to tell you that I got the property! As of Friday afternoon, I have a verbal agreement with the current owner, and she has agreed to sell me the pictured piece of land. (The house in the background is not included.) It is 853 sq meters (about 7700 sq feet) of perfectly placed land, about 2 blocks from BT. As soon as a whole lot of paperwork is completed -hopefully in the next 4-6 weeks- it will be official. Then, the clearing out of land and building projects will begin.

THANK YOU to everyone who has prayed a little or a lot for this whole process! Please continue to pray as I am utterly clueless when it comes to construction projects (as well as anything else that needs to be done in the near future).

By God's grace, this will soon be home to a community center where we have everything from prayer rooms to medical clinics to hair salons to art classes and much more. It will also be home to myself and the long-term team that God is building here.

More to come...

10 Responses to “Home, Sweet Home (some assembly required)”

  1. # Blogger Mark Keefer

    Congrats Kelly! That's excellent news!

    BTW - my word verification is "neghew". Like, that's almost a real word!  

  2. # Blogger Unknown

    Looks like I will have a rental car when I am in Reynosa...Hope to grab a cup of coffee with you!  

  3. # Blogger Gayla

    Tots happy for you, my lovely!
    g

    and my word verification is tzzvzzo - not even close to a word like Mark's, but very cool. Say it out loud! Tzzvzzo... very suave... I'm adding it to my vocabulary.  

  4. # Blogger Mimosa

    Cool!!! God Bless the work, very exciting!

    ps my word verification is dokpbg, which sounds like dog poo to me!  

  5. # Anonymous Anonymous

    yay! this makes my heart leap for joy! i am so excited to hear that it's all working out. i cannot wait to get down there...only 5 1/2 more weeks! have a lovely week.
    -emily  

  6. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Praise God! I am SO excited for you. I cannot wait to see what the next steps of blessing will be from our Father to you!  

  7. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Exciting Kelly!

    Hope to somehow be some help to you! I will pray for you!

    Krissi-Karyn's sister:)  

  8. # Blogger Gayla

    Kel- can you please tell me how to put a photo by my name on my blogger account? I have no idea what a URL is, and so I don't know what to do to add a photo. Can you help me???  

  9. # Blogger resa

    I love this Kelly. Really. it feels very right.  

  10. # Blogger Debbie

    Hi again, Kelly,

    I don't know many details about your ministry except what I see on your blog. Where can I learn the history? Have you been there two years? And, how can we help $-wise? The community center sounds amazing. It's got to happen. Drop me a line: bdwoolsey at hotmail.com. So excited!  

Post a Comment



© 2006 Burning Furnace of Charity |