
Last Friday was our favorite Karina's birthday, and we decided to throw her a little birthday party at the house. When I went to pick her up on Friday night, she had invited two of her friends, Lorena and Alondra, to come along as well. It was such a fantastic night! I made a meal that didn't turn out so great, but the cakes that Jo and Erin created definitely made up for my bland, gringa meal. It was pretty funny as Karina tried to blow out the "magic candles" that Erin put on her cake - they just kept coming back to life! Erin also invited some of her friends from Rio Bravo to celebrate - a couple of the girls even brought their guitars and beautiful voices. Karina couldn't have been any happier; she told me, "Oh, I'm just so excited - feel my heart, it's racing!" As we all sat outside and sang together, I had glimpses in my heart of many days and birthday parties to come - out in the courtyard of the soon-to-be-built monastery. I think my heart was racing, too.

Isn't it precious to see how important these small signs of love are to these girls? Can't wait to see the pics!
beautiful.
Wow! Sounds like you had great fun. A little time and thought go a long way. Love ya!
Hi Kelly, you don't know me but I wanted to send you love and encouragement from Northern Ireland. I've heard a lot of stories about you and your work and dreams for BT, mainly this weekend as Pete Grieg was over here talking to us at an all Ireland conference. You are an inspiration to me and I am so thankful that you responded to needs that you saw that weren't being met. You've put yourself and your heart on the line for Boys Town, and God won't let that go unnoticed because He loves and lives in that place too. God bless you Kelly, I haven't seen what you've seen or felt what you've felt, but I can imagine that your heart has been broken many times since you've lived there and I want to say that it's all worth it. God is good and it's all worth it.
Love from Indya
xo
hey kelly,
blessed be the god almighty he teaches our hands to war and gives us humility through our banal(gringa meals) attempts at reaching BT for Christ. who knew the girls would be touched by such a simple offering. i am overwhelmed!!!!
love,
your servant,
mary beth green