Burning Furnace of Charity


It's a Girl!


At least, that's what I'm told. Cristal had her baby on Saturday, and both are doing fine. The doctor at one point asked her friend if Cristal or the baby should live. The umbilical cord had wrapped around the baby's neck, and there were other complications as well. So, Cristal's friends took her - mid-labor! -to a different doctor who performed a c-section! I can only imagine what this scene must have been like...

Thank you to all of you who prayed for a safe delivery for the baby and for Cristal. God has certainly heard your prayers! I'm going on Sunday morning to (hopefully!) see the two little patients and bring peace-offering gifts. (This will be our first conversation since "the scene" in the bar last week.)

The land price has been re-established, and now we're just waiting on a few more bits of paperwork...never-ending paperwork! I hope to tell you very soon that it's all been sorted out...keep praying!

Thank you to all of you who leave encouraging comments and send emails to tell me to keep going. I'm grateful for friends like you!

3 Responses to “It's a Girl!”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    hey pretty girl~ good to find your blog! we sure miss you, hope all is going good. lets stay in touch!  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Kelly, the tears are tears cause you care, which to me means you are definitely the kind of missionary they need.i pray for favor as you meet with her again. favor favor
    grace grace  

  3. # Blogger Gayla

    Congratulations to Cristal and to you too! A baby girl. Wow.

    You are my favorite missionary. (Well... after Floyd McClung.)  

Post a Comment



© 2006 Burning Furnace of Charity |