Burning Furnace of Charity


Dreaming of Tomorrow...


So tonight I have an appointment at the lawyer's office to finalize a lot of things for the property purchase. As of our meeting this evening, we'll officially be "24-7 Prayer on the Border" (should I have asked permission of someone to use that?). The owner of the land has had paperwork drawn up, and my lawyer will go over with us this evening as well. Then, it's just a matter of wiring the money and voila! I'm (almost) a landowner in Mexico!

I was looking over the building plans yesterday, talking with Jo and our friend Emily who is here for the summer. Then it hit me: this project is potentially a 2-year project (based on how many folks come to lend a helping hand). Two years seems so far away, but in two years, I'll mark the five year anniversary of being here! In just five short years, the list of things God has done will read like this: #1 - hijack Kelly's life completely (check); #2 - get Kelly to learn Spanish (sort of check); #3 - recruit long-term team (check); #4- build a monastery (check). I was so encouraged to think of all that God has done and is doing here, in just a short time. Some days it feels like an eternity, but it's all happening so fast when you think about it.

I began to dream about what life will look like on that property in just two years. As our little community spent time praying together yesterday, I read Psalm 126, and caught a glimpse into the not-so-distant future:

"When the Lord brought back his exiles, it was like a dream! We were filled with laughter, and we sang for joy. And the other nations said, 'What amazing things the Lord has done for them!' Yes, the Lord has done amazing things for us! What Joy!
Restore our fortunes, Lord, as streams renew the desert. Those who plant in tears will harvest with shouts of joy. They weep as they go to plant their seed, but they sing as they return with the harvest."

5 Responses to “Dreaming of Tomorrow...”

  1. # Blogger Jaz

    Hello Kelly!! Sorry to hear about Lucia and Blanca...but I am clinging onto the knowledge that not one word that comes out of God´s mouth comes back empty. He will accomplish his purpose in both of their lives.
    I was wondering...whats up with baby kelly? Cristals baby??  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Hey Kelly! I prayed yesterday for your meeting - how did it go? It is always exciting to watch and see what God has been doing through and for you! It's exciting to see the amazing things that only 5 years will have accomplished. Take care, my friend!  

  3. # Blogger Tanya Heasley

    What great news, I look forward to reading your up dates on the community.

    Also, that's a great photo is it of where you live?  

  4. # Anonymous Anonymous

    yes, tanya, that is an actual picture of a sunset here in reynosa. not too bad, eh? it's no ibiza, but every once in a while, we have moments of beauty. :)  

  5. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Kelly,
    I'm Krista's dad. She told me about the blogspot on Friday. I wish I read it on Friday to pray more specifically for you and the team. Thanks for sharing you thoughts and experiences. Know this, His presence is with you - always. His hand will never leave you shoulder. Say Hi to Krista for me. My wife and I will continue to pray for you.
    Frank D.  

Post a Comment



© 2006 Burning Furnace of Charity |